Monday, April 14, 2014

Introduction

I'm not a writer and that will be painfully obvious, I'm sure. What I am is someone that needs an outlet, a place to put my thoughts when I've babbled enough to those that will listen. This will hopefully be that for me. 

What I am is a daughter, a sister, a wife, and a mother of three. I have a bachelors and masters degree - but right now I am a stay at home mom and wouldn't have it any other way.

My amazing husband is an awesome father, co-parent and all around good guy. Without him I wouldn't be able to be at home with our kids. 

Our oldest son is 6 and youngest two (twins) are 2 1/2. The oldest was that child that does everything perfect - from teething early to sleeping the night from (nearly) birth. The twins are a different story. They are two very unique little boys with very unique personalities. We have an ornery older brother, that's smaller, yet dominant in his developmental abilities. And we have our youngest, a very loving and sweet dancing child that was recently diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD-NOS), on the autism spectrum. 

Life can get hectic and a bit crazy but we are all very fortunate. And crazy. All five hammerheads.

UPDATE: (11/21/14)

When I originally wrote this piece I did not explain the hammerhead reference. If you are curious, it's just a silly insult that our oldest son has been using since he was a toddler. He calls his dad a hammerhead so the name has just stuck. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment